2009年6月17日 星期三

modal+have

描述後悔的事,過去應該怎樣
  • I should have studied something more practical when I was in college.
  • I shouldn't have waited so long to choose a major.
  • I should have been more conscientious when I was young.
  • I shouldn't have been argumetative with my boss.
  • I shouldn't have been completely rebellious when I was a student.
描述假設的情況
  • If I'd been more ambitious in colledge, I could have learned another language.
  • If I hadn't wasted so much money last year, I would have my own apartment.
  • Id I'd listened my parents, I would have made more pragmatic decisions.
  • If I'd been more active , I wouldn't be overweight.
猜測發生什麼事

幾乎確定得猜測
  • She must have left already.
  • She must not have turned on her cell phone.
有可能的猜測
  • She may/might have forgotten the time.
  • She may/might not have remembered the time.
  • Her car could have borken down.
  • She couldn't have been at home.
給建議、勸告對方
  • You should have called her on the phone.
  • She shouldn't have kept your notes this long.
  • You could have been more understanding.
  • I wouldn't have lent my notes to her this week before a test.

沒有留言:

張貼留言