2009年6月23日 星期二

三字動詞片語 Three-word phrasal verbs

break up with
和某人分手
例句:
Jennifer has broken up with her boyfriend again.
附註:
(break up=打碎)

come up with
1.想出
2.趕上
例句:
He came up with a great idea for our class reunion.
He could not come up with a proper answer.
附註:
(come up=出現,開始)

look forward to
期待、盼望
例句:
I have been looking forward to seeing you.
They are looking forward to her visit.
I look forward to hearing from you.

cut down on
減少(數量、活動等)
例句:
He tried to cut down on smoking but failed.
So many floods have cut down on the production of peanuts.
附註:
(cut down=砍倒樹,縮短)

keep up with
1.跟上、趕上
2.保持聯絡
例句:
Because of his rigid thoughts, it is difficult for him to keep up with the times.
They walked so fast that I could not keep up with them.
附註:
(keep up=維持)

put up with
忍受、忍耐
例句:
She could hardly put up with that fellow any longer.
I had to put up with many inconveniences.
附註:
(put up=1.建造,搭帳篷 2.舉起 3.安排...住宿)

get along with
與...和睦相處
例句:
Do you get along with your older brother?
My girlfriend doesn't get along with her roommate.
附註:
(get along=過活,前進)

take care of
1.照顧
2.處理
例句:
Please take care of the baby for me for a while.
Bill can't take care of his own finances.
附註:
(take care=小心,注意)

cut out for
合適(工作)
用法:
to be cut out to be, To be cut out for
例句:
She is cut out for a saleswoman.

附註:
(cut out=剪斷,切斷)

make up for
補償,彌補
例句:
She doesn't have a natural talent for music but she makes up for it with hard work.
I'm sorry I was late. To make up for it, let me treat to a meal.
附註:
(make up=組成,編造)

沒有留言:

張貼留言